1. Of all the places you have lived/visited, what was the one you like the best? Why?
Lavallette, New Jersey. Here's why. And here's why.
2. What was one new experience you tried that, at the time, was completely unknown or uncomfortable to you?
3. What was the best compliment you received?
One time a guy said, "thanks for filming my wedding" and gave me a four hundred dollar tip. Super awesome compliment.
4. Which was the funniest prank played on you or played by you?
I put saran wrap on my sisters toilet. Well my mom came home and ran upstairs to pee in her bathroom but had to pee so bad she used my sisters bathroom, which was on the way and closer. Sat down so quick she didn't see the saran wrap and her pee splashed right back up at her (I'm laughing so hard while typing this) so she had to reach down and rip a hole in the saran wrap all while cursing my name. Sorry mom! It wasn't meant for you.
5. Who was your enemy or the bully when you were young?
My bus driver. She was a bitch and made be cry when I was in kindergarten. Me and the kid across from me would put our hands out in an attempt to get off the bus faster than the other. Just a fun game we would play. Constantly slapping the others hand out of the way and establishing our own dominance as first. She got so mad at us for this she screamed at me. I ran away and cried cause I was a little baby. All the older kids on the bus stood up for me. Some parents came and yelled at her and in response she said "that little Jimmy O'Brien" I want to ring his neck. Now this was before I became an annoying asshole. I was just a six year old kid with a speech impediment and a ton of shyness.
Every hated the bus driver. One day the 8th graders opened up the back door and we all ran off the bus as it was stopped as a boycott. We ran off the bus and went to the principals office to tell state how bad our driver was. haha what a time.
6. Who was your favorite grade school/high teacher?
My kindergarten teacher. She liked me. Freshman english teacher was good, she made me enter writing into competitions. I never would have done that but it turned out good and made me more confident in my writing.
7. Who was your favorite music group in high school?
Blink 182. Dashboard Confessionals. Brand New. All the classic pop punk rock bands.
8. Who were two role models you looked up to as a kid?
My mom and dad.
9. Who was your childhood hero? why?
My dad had a work friend who had a tough go. Couple divorces. Wife died of a horrible disease. House burnt down. But he kept with it and did his best to take care of his kids and his ex wifes kids. I always thought he was an awesome guy because a lot of shitty things happened in like a two year stretch and he kept marching.
10. What was the best thing that happened to you this past week?
I remembered that I was going to be in Lavallette in a week. I also got 100 percent correct in the Snack Pack Blind Taste Test!
11. What was the happiest moment in your life?
That's a preposterous question.
12. What was the most fun thing you did your senior year of school?
Man, everything. Some really fun hockey tournaments. A lot of good Friday parties in my garage. Can't think of one specific thing.
13. What was the most important event in your life?
One time I was standing on the side of a cliff and I didn't jump or fall off. Didn't even come close. Could've been a lot different had I.
14. What was the worst advice you received on marriage before you were married?
You idiots. I'm not married.
15. What was the worst roommate you ever had like?
Lotta love for you Taylor, but you were a bad roommate. Mostly because you were at the darkest times of you alcohol addiction and I don't think you ever saw daylight.
16. What was your favorite bedtime story as a child?
We didn't really do bed time stories. I remember my dad reading us books and we would take turns to see who could read the same sentences giving it the most animation. Looking, back that's actually a pretty good lesson, learn to bring the words to life. Also my dad would sing The Ballad of the Green Beret to us cause his dad sang it to him. That song is wonderful.
17. What was your favorite book growing up?
I crushed Rohl Dahl books. In middle school I read these books called, The Black Book, Diary of a Teenage Boy. They were awesome. Four books, written in journal style about a kid in high school dealing with girls and best friends and family issues. I think I read that series a handful of times. I made all my friends read them as well.
18. What was your favorite childhood injury?
I was playing roller hockey in my cul-de-sac and the ball was about to go down the drain. I dove to stop it and banged my chin on the pavement. Had to get some stitches put in cause I busted it open. But I saved that damn puck! Put my body on the line. I was only seven years old. Balls and pucks going down the sewer was heartbreaking.
19. What was your favorite movie as a child?
20. What was your favorite musical group when you were in Junior High?
Dashboard Confessional probably.
21. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child?
No cartoons were watched in the O'Brien household.
22. What was your most embarrassing moment in High School?
23. What was your worst (or funniest) dating experience?
First time a kissed a girl (FRENCH STYLE) was at a roller rink in 6th grade. I got called out for keeping my eyes open. Humiliating. Felt like such a chump.
24. Was there ever a time when you were frightened for your life?
I dove into a pile of snow thinking it would hold me up but instead I got stuck. Head at the bottom. Little feet kicking up top. Thought I was done.
25. Which of your country’s leaders was your favorite?
Abraham Lincoln got shot and died
but he freed the slaves
so they put him on the five
- Too $hort
I like the Yankees, watching TV shows and talking about stuff.
5 Best Things that Start w E
Netflix Reviews & Grades
2016 Christmas Letter
Top 10 Overrated Movies
Gruden Grinder Week 1
Guide to Weddings
6 Pack Review - Resin IPA
Pumpkin Weigh Off
IPA Tournament Semi Finals