Order of Events
- I get told by a source I know and trust that Joe isn't returning. I had them verify it. I knew it was true. I tweeted it out. I get called fake news all day.
- An article gets written that is full of semantics. Like choc-full of semantics. It states that "if Joe leaves it won't be because the Yankees didn't make and offer" and "people in the organization want him back".
People EAT THIS UP. I guess critical thinking isn't that big in the Yankee Universe. I mean, real websites, that are trying to be real reporters picked this up and wrote about it at face value. They never pointed out how empty those words are.
"It won't be because the Yankees didn't offer a contract?" The fuck does that mean? Yankees can offer a 1-year 200k contract and that would keep that statement true.
"People in the organization want Joe back" uhhhh who? The people who make the decisions or are we just talking about Betances quotes and appointing them to 'people in the organization'? This means nothing!
People ran with this story so quickly that the publisher himself started throwing out tweets saying, wait, guys, wait, read that again!
- I get shit all day because this new article proves that what I said was fake news. Au contraire, my friends. That article was LITERALLY fake news. It was the epitome of fake news. They took the vaguest statements they could and presented them as facts for something else.
- I double down, cause ya know, I knew what had already happened.
- Jon Heyman tweets that the Yankees and Joe are meeting to go over negotiations. People again say, "now this is a report I can trust! Fake news Jomboy!"
My jaw dropped that people think Heyman is a trusty source. That is another incredibly empty sentence that means nothing. People took it to mean the negotiations were still going on, which is how Jon wanted to you take it because that makes it looks like he has news. He had no news. They were meeting to discuss the negotiations in the manner of, "okay those negotiations are done, time to tell people now".
In the future, let's not trust Jon 'Mystery Team' Heyman. The guy who said the Red Sox should FORFEIT games for using apple watches. The guy who tweets out about every trade with a mystery team being involved because that's the easiest way for him to act like he has information without sharing any information.
- I laugh because I know what has already happened but am being told constantly that I know nothing and am wrong.
- It's announced that Joe is gone, which I told everyone on Tuesday, because I knew it to be true.
I think this may be a lesson. The blogger who has no reason to lie or drum up fake news may actually be telling you something because he knows its true. The people whose livings are based on knowing news stories may act like they know stuff simply because that's what they get paid to do.
I have no reason to lie. I'm not in the news business. If something comes to me that I know is 100 percent true I will share that with you all, because we're all Yankees fans and we all want to know. Also, breaking news is pretty fun.
What I know
I know that Joe Girardi wanted to return as manager of the Yankees. The Yankees did not want that to happen. Him and Cashman have not gotten along in a while.
The Nationals have already gotten in touch with Joe but it seems he is more likely to take some time off.
I like the Yankees, watching TV shows and talking about stuff.
5 Best Things that Start w E
Netflix Reviews & Grades
2016 Christmas Letter
Top 10 Overrated Movies
Gruden Grinder Week 1
Guide to Weddings
6 Pack Review - Resin IPA
Pumpkin Weigh Off
IPA Tournament Semi Finals